Charles Perry Award
The MWWCA Association Collections Systems Committee is seeking nominations for
the Charles Perry Award. This award is presented through the Maine Wastewater
Control Association to a selected Municipality, or Private Wastewater Collection
System in Maine.
The Award is given to recognize the outstanding efforts of the collection
systems personnel for excellence in Management, Operations and Maintenance of
that collection system. While all facilities strive for compliance, this award
recognizes the extra effort and originality that is put forth in the operations
of a wastewater collection system to reduce the environmental impact on that
Areas for consideration are:
• Exemplary operation & maintenance of the wastewater collection system.
• A working environment that provides opportunity for personal growth.
• A concern for the community, exemplified by interaction with the residents.
• Training opportunities for employees to enhance professional growth.
• Problem resolution through analysis, evaluation, identification and
• Service to the profession through participation, assistance to others with
• Creativity in O&M problem solving
• Creative management and financial planning.
• Compliance with permits.
The Municipality, District, or Private Collection System may be nominated by any
Individual or organization. The Award will be presented at the Awards Luncheon
held during the MWWCA Annual Fall Conference in September.
Nominations can be made by clicking on the link below, please submit prior to
August 15. Additional information is available from Mathew Bodwell at Hydro
International , 942 Hutchins Dr. Portland, ME 04102 or (207) 756-6200.
Please return to:
Collections System Chairman
Maine Wastewater Control Association
Local Government Center
60 Community Drive
Augusta Me, 04330
an Application for the Charles Perry Award: